Cleveland County Personal Injury Attorneys
Any serious injury can disrupt your life. After one occurs to you or a loved one, it is entirely normal to feel anxiety about facing medical bills, lost wages and questions from insurance companies. You do not need that kind of stress in your life when you are trying to focus on your health and your family. Instead, you can turn to a trusted personal injury attorney to help you navigate through the legal and financial issues that lie ahead.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, we are ready to help you today. We take a team approach to serving our clients, and we always pay close attention to their personal needs. We will work diligently to pursue compensation for you. We serve clients in Shelby and throughout Cleveland County as well as in Rutherfordton, Lincolnton, Gastonia and surrounding communities in North Carolina. To receive a free consultation, reach us today by phone or through contact form.
How Can Our Shelby Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
Generally speaking, people owe a duty to protect others from harm. In other words, they must do what a reasonable and prudent person would have done under the same or similar circumstances to protect others from harm. When a person fails to fulfill this duty, and others suffer injuries as a result, that person is “negligent.” The person may be required, under North Carolina law, to pay compensation for the harm he or she has caused.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, our role is to determine whether you or a loved one has suffered injury due to the negligence of another person, company or government agency. If so, we will work diligently to pursue the compensation you deserve. You can count on us to:
- Investigate your case – We will gather and examine all evidence that bears on your case, including accident scene photos, eyewitness statements and medical records. We know how to track down important information for our clients.
- Consult with experts – Personal injury cases often require input from knowledgeable experts in accident reconstruction, workplace safety and other areas. Doctors and other experts can also shed light on the care and treatment you will need for your injuries.
- File your claim – We can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If necessary, we can also file a lawsuit in the proper Superior Court and make sure your case is carefully and skillfully litigated.
- Seek a timely settlement – Our goal will be to secure a timely, full and fair settlement for you, allowing you to move on with your life without the need for a trial. We are seasoned negotiators who can deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Take your case to trial – We will be ready to go to court and present your case to the jury. We take pride in our careful preparation of cases and our courtroom skills.
- Explore all other options for you – Our legal team has the ability to pursue all options for you, which may include filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.
While your case is pending, you can trust Teddy, Meekins & Talbert with keeping you updated and informed. You can always feel free to call your attorney from our firm and get the answers to your questions. We believe our clients truly deserve that level of personal attention.
What Can You Recover in a North Carolina Personal Injury Claim?
Through the years, our personal injury lawyers have helped clients to deal with severe injuries, including fractures, burns, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage. We know the major impact that these injuries can have on your life and the lives of those around you. Our goal will be to seek compensation for all of your losses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Scars or disfigurement
- Partial/total loss (or loss of use) of part of the body
- Permanent injury
- Any other type of damage supported by the evidence in your case.
We may also pursue two other types of damages in your personal injury claim:
- Punitive damages – Unlike other types of damages, these damages are not aimed at compensating you for your losses. Instead, they are aimed at punishing the at-fault party, deterring the party and others from engaging in this conduct in the future or making an example of the party.
- Loss of consortium – This category of damages is based on harm to the marital relationship that is caused by another person’s negligence. These damages can be claimed by either you or your spouse if you can show a loss or disruption of services, society, affection, companionship or sexual relations in your marriage. For instance, these damages can be claimed if you can no longer mow your lawn or look after your kids, and help has to be hired now to perform these services.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, we can also represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit if you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another. We can help you to determine if you are eligible to bring such a claim, and we can discuss the different types of damages that can be sought in a wrongful death lawsuit in North Carolina.
Types of Personal Injury Case Our Lawyers Handle
By taking a team approach to serving our clients, we can take on a broad range of personal injury cases. We can assist in cases that involve:
- Other vehicle accidents – We understand the unique issues that arise in collisions involving tractor-trailers, buses, motorcycles, bicycles and pedestrians.
- Car accidents – We can help if you have been injured in a car crash caused by a driver’s negligent conduct such as speeding, distracted driving, drunk driving or fatigued driving. Never accept a settlement from an auto insurance company without talking with us first.
- Slip and falls – We protect the rights of those who have been injured in slip and fall accidents caused by negligent property owners who failed to repair unreasonably dangerous conditions on their property or to properly warn visitors about hazards.
- Dog bites – We strive to hold careless owners responsible for the harm that can be caused by their failure to protect others from their pets – sometimes in violation of local leash laws.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – We know difficult it is for families to face the fact that an elderly loved one has been harmed by caretakers in a nursing home. We can help you to report the abuse or neglect, and we can pursue full compensation for your harm.
- Construction and other workplace accidents – In some cases, a person who is injured at a construction site or other workplace has the right to pursue a “third-party liability claim” against a non-employer who caused their injuries. We can explore that option in your case.
- Product liability – We can seek compensation if you or a loved one has been injured by a defectively designed or manufactured product or by a manufacturer’s failure to warn about risks associated with a product when it is used as intended. Defective products can include prescription drugs, medical devices, cars, automotive parts, toys, appliances and other consumer goods.
Even if your case does not fall within the above categories, please contact us to discuss how we may assist you. The bottom line: If you have been harmed by another person’s negligence, we will make it our mission to protect your rights.
Get Help Today from Our Cleveland County Personal Injury Lawyers
Under North Carolina law, you have three years from the date of your injury in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. For this reason, you should not wait to get legal help. If you have suffered injury due to the negligent conduct of another in Cleveland County or in a surrounding community, contact Teddy, Meekins & Talbert today. We can provide a free consultation and get to work immediately on seeking just compensation for you and your family.