The criminal attorneys of Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., have many years of experience in criminal defense law. We can represent individuals charged with everything from a minor speeding violation to a serious criminal offense.
If you have been charged with a crime in Shelby or a nearby area in North Carolina like Charlotte, know that we understand the emotions and confusion you may be experiencing. We also fully realize what is at stake for you and perhaps your family.
You can count on our criminal defense attorneys to aggressively protect your rights, explore all options available to you and seek the best possible resolution of your case.
Start getting a handle on the criminal charges you or a loved one faces by contacting us today by phone or online. We can provide a prompt, completely confidential consultation and get to work on your case right away.
Shelby Criminal Defense Lawyers You Can Count On
We have always been passionate about criminal defense at Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C. Two of our lawyers, David Teddy and Daniel Talbert, are certified by the North Carolina State Bar as Criminal Law Specialists. Achieving this status means that they have:
- Passed an examination
- Worked substantially in criminal law practice
- Attended ongoing training and legal education seminars in criminal defense law
- Received a favorable evaluation from their peers.
Both attorneys have, in fact, dedicated their entire legal careers to protecting the rights of the accused and have earned wide recognition in the North Carolina legal community. Mr. Teddy, a former President of the North Carolina Advocates for Justice, and Mr. Talbert often are asked to lead criminal defense seminars and share their knowledge and insights with other lawyers.
We believe that our experience can make a difference for you. We can bring our strong grasp of North Carolina criminal law and criminal procedure to your case as well as our skills as investigators, negotiators, and trial lawyers.
Above all, our experience has taught us the importance of open and honest communication with our clients. You can trust us to fully explain your situation, answer your questions, address your concerns, and make sure that you always know what is happening at every stage in your case.
Please see our Client Testimonials to learn more about our approach to serving clients.
How Our Shelby Criminal Lawyer Can Help You
Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., can provide a broad range of legal services to you, including:
- Requesting a reasonable bond that will allow you to live at home while your criminal case is pending.
- Seeking discovery of all evidence the prosecution plans to use against you.
- Conducting an independent investigation of your case, including exploring any defenses that can be raised on your behalf.
- Filing pretrial motions that seek to have the charges against you dismissed or to exclude from your case any illegally obtained or unduly prejudicial evidence.
- Advising you on the risks and benefits you face if your case goes to trial and, in turn, pursuing the course of action that you wish to take.
- Negotiating with prosecutors for a plea arrangement that will minimize your punishment in exchange for a guilty or no-contest plea.
- Going to trial with a carefully prepared defense strategy that is geared towards making the strongest challenge possible to the prosecution’s case.
- If you are convicted, presenting evidence at your sentencing hearing that is aimed at minimizing the fines, jail time or other consequences you face.
- Pursuing post-conviction relief for you, including appeals, motions for appropriate relief and expungement of past convictions.
Our lawyers are often sought out on the hardest of criminal cases in the hardest of times for the individuals and families involved in the case. We take pride in doing our very best to zealously represent our clients in every case.