Construction sites represent progress and development for our communities, but they also include many dangers and hazards for workers and others, such as visitors or passersby. A construction site accident can result in devastating and potentially even life-threatening injuries for accident victims.
When you’ve been hurt in a construction site accident in Shelby, you deserve to seek financial compensation for your losses.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., our Shelby construction accident attorneys fight for the rights and interests of injured victims who have been hurt through no fault of their own. Our firm is dedicated to representing ordinary people against big corporations and insurers.
We offer compassionate, focused representation to our clients to lessen the burdens and stress of pursuing compensation and accountability. We believe that you should have the time and energy to focus on your physical and emotional recovery from your injuries.
Our legal team includes highly experienced attorneys, many of whom have board certifications in civil trial advocacy and mediation. You can be assured that our team has peer-recognized skills and experience.
We are dedicated members of the community. Several of our attorneys are lifelong residents of the area. We know how hard our clients work and how devastating it can be when a serious accident upends their life. That’s why we always leverage our vast legal knowledge, experience, innovative approaches, and comprehensive resources to ensure that you receive the legal representation you deserve.
Contact our firm today for a free case review with one of our experienced Shelby construction accident lawyers. We are ready to discuss your legal rights and options for pursuing compensation.
Common Types of Construction Site Accidents in Shelby
Construction sites represent one of the most dangerous workplaces. Although state and federal safety regulations are intended to keep construction workers and others safe, construction site accidents still happen – especially when site owners and contractors flout safety rules or try to cut corners.
Some of the most common construction site accidents that occur in the Shelby, NC area include:
- Accidents involving tools, equipment, and machinery, especially when tools, equipment, or machinery are defective designed or manufactured, or if inadequate safety measures are put in place to protect construction workers while using them.
- Motor vehicle accidents. Construction sites often host numerous vehicles, including work trucks, delivery vehicles, tractor-trailers, loaders, forklifts, and dump trucks. The chaos of a construction site can put workers at risk of an accident involving a motor vehicle. Construction workers can also face the possibility of motor vehicle accidents at construction sites on or near roadways.
- Explosions and fires. Many construction sites are filled with considerable quantities of explosive or flammable materials. Disregard of safety procedures, especially when using tools and equipment that can ignite explosive or flammable materials, creates a significant risk of a devastating explosion or fire.
- Electrocutions. Electrocution constitutes a serious risk, especially on construction sites working with power lines or electrical cables.
- Crush or entrapment accidents. Construction workers can end up getting crushed between heavy objects, such as between a forklift and a wall, for example. Workers in trenches, basements, or other subterranean worksites also face the risk of crush or entrapment accidents if their workspace suffers a cave-in or collapse.
- Falls. Falls represent one of the most serious and common construction accidents. Falls can include slip-and-fall or trip-and-fall accidents or may involve the more deadly falls-from-heights.
- Struck-by accidents. Unsecured heavy objects can fall from heights, such as off a roof or scaffolding, or can be dropped from a crane or winch. Falling objects can crush and injure unsuspecting victims below.