“David Teddy was more than worth the money... he actually took the time to listen.”- Rosslyn S.
“David Teddy and his team are outstanding!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!”- Nicholas D.
“Daniel Talbert is a top-notch attorney... he has a never-give-up approach even when things look bleak.”- Roger T.
“Ralph is the epitome of what a lawyer should be.”- Melinda R.
How Can Our Lincolnton Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
Generally speaking, people owe a duty to protect others from harm. In other words, they must do what a reasonable and prudent person would have done under the same or similar circumstances to protect others from harm.
When a person fails to fulfill this duty, and others suffer injuries as a result, that person is “negligent.” The person may be required, under North Carolina law, to pay compensation for the harm he or she has caused.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., our role is to determine whether you or a loved one has suffered injury due to the negligence of another person, company or government agency. If so, we will work diligently to pursue the compensation you deserve.
You can count on us to:
- Investigate Your Case: We will gather and examine all evidence that bears on your case, including accident scene photos, eyewitness statements and medical records. We know how to track down important information for our clients.
- Consult With Experts: Personal injury cases often require input from knowledgeable experts in accident reconstruction, workplace safety and other areas. Doctors and other experts can also shed light on the care and treatment you will need for your injuries.]
- File Your Claim: We can file a claim with the at-fault party’s insurance company. If necessary, we can also file a lawsuit in the proper Superior Court and make sure your case is carefully and skillfully litigated.
- Seek A Timely Settlement: Our goal will be to secure a timely, full and fair settlement for you, allowing you to move on with your life without the need for a trial. We are seasoned negotiators who can deal with the insurance companies on your behalf.
- Explore All Other Options For You: Our legal team has the ability to pursue all options for you, which may include filing a claim for workers’ compensation benefits or Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits.
- Take Your Case To Trial: We will be ready to go to court and present your case to the jury. We take pride in our careful preparation of cases and our courtroom skills.
While your case is pending, you can trust Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., with keeping you updated and informed. You can always feel free to call your attorney from our firm and get the answers to your questions. We believe our clients truly deserve that level of personal attention.
“David Teddy was more than worth the money... he actually took the time to listen.” - Rosslyn S.
“David Teddy and his team are outstanding!!! WORTH EVERY PENNY!” - Nicholas D.
“Daniel Talbert is a top-notch attorney... he has a never-give-up approach even when things look bleak.” - Roger T.
“Ralph is the epitome of what a lawyer should be.” - Melinda R.
Through the years, our personal injury lawyers have helped clients to deal with severe injuries, including fractures, burns, loss of limbs, traumatic brain injury and spinal cord damage
We know the major impact that these injuries can have on your life and the lives of those around you. Our goal will be to seek compensation for all of your losses, including:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Past and future loss of earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Scars or disfigurement
- Partial/total loss (or loss of use) of part of the body
- Permanent injury
- Any other type of damage supported by the evidence in your case.
Unlike other types of damages, these damages are not aimed at compensating you for your losses. Instead, they are aimed at punishing the at-fault party, deterring the party and others from engaging in this conduct in the future or making an example of the party.
Loss Of Consortium
This category of damages is based on harm to the marital relationship that is caused by another person’s negligence. These damages can be claimed by either you or your spouse if you can show a loss or disruption of services, society, affection, companionship or sexual relations in your marriage. For instance, these damages can be claimed if you can no longer mow your lawn or look after your kids, and help has to be hired now to perform these services.
At Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, we can also represent you in a wrongful death lawsuit if you have lost a loved one due to the negligence of another. We can help you to determine if you are eligible to bring such a claim, and we can discuss the different types of damages that can be sought in a wrongful death lawsuit in North Carolina.
Types of Personal Injury Case Our Lawyers Handle
By taking a team approach to serving our clients, we can take on a broad range of personal injury cases. We can assist in cases that involve:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Slip and Falls
- Dog Bites
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Construction and Other Workplace Accidents
- Product Liability
- Motorcycle Accident
Even if your case does not fall within the above categories, please contact us to discuss how we may assist you. The bottom line: If you have been harmed by another person’s negligence, we will make it our mission to protect your rights.
Under North Carolina law, you have three years from the date of your injury in which to file a personal injury lawsuit. For this reason, you should not wait to get legal help.
If you have suffered injury due to the negligent conduct of another in Cleveland County or in a surrounding community, contact Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, P.L.L.C., today. We can provide a consultation and get to work immediately on seeking just compensation for you and your family.