Dedicated to North Carolinians
The attorneys at Teddy, Meekins & Talbert represent North Carolina families and individuals on a wide range of civil and criminal matters. We can help with car accidents, traffic accident claims, family law questions, social security disability cases, and criminal felony or misdemeanor charges.
Our legal services offer the individualized attention of a small town law firm, we have extensive experience handling notable cases. We have earned respect from our legal peers and our clients.
It is important to seek the guidance of experienced lawyers without delay if you are facing a legal matter. Contact one of our experienced attorneys by calling (704) 487-1234 or by using our online contact form.
Teddy, Meekins & Talbert represents clients in Shelby, Rutherfordton, Lincolnton, Gastonia, and the surrounding counties in the following practice areas:
Our Legal Services in Shelby, NC
- Personal Injury Law — When an individual suffers a physical injury caused by the carelessness or misconduct of another person or business, North Carolina law defines that as a personal injury. Common causes of personal injury claims are car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, airplane crashes, unsafe products, workplace accidents, and slip-and-fall accidents. If you have suffered a personal injury, you may be entitled to compensation for damages, lost wages, medical bills and more. Personal injury law is a primary focus of our practice. Ralph Meekins is a Board Certified specialist in the area of civil trial advocacy as recognized by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
- Family Law — If you are contemplating a separation and divorce, you need a compassionate attorney who can offer trusted counsel on the many issues involved in starting a new life. We represent clients on issues involving separation and divorce, custody and child support, visitation, post-separation support/alimony, equitable distribution and domestic violence in North Carolina.
- Social Security Disability — The Social Security Administration offers two programs of financial assistance for individuals who are unable to work because of long-term disability. Our SSD lawyers have helped many clients present the strongest application and obtain disability benefits, even if they were initially denied.
- Criminal Law — Our law firm represents clients charged with criminal offenses, from traffic violations to DWI, drug offenses, assault and battery, embezzlement and crimes of violence. We represent clients facing felony and misdemeanor charges in state and federal court. Our team includes two Board Certified Specialists in criminal law who also have specialized training to defend drivers charged with DWI.
- DWI / Limited Driving Privileges — Let a skilled DWI defense lawyer at Teddy, Meekins & Talbert review your DWI charges and explain your best options for resolving the charges. Attorney David Teddy, a founding partner of Teddy, Meekins & Talbert, is a board Certified Specialist in criminal law. Daniel Talbert is also a board Certified Specialist in criminal law with years of experience.
- Workers’ Compensation — If you have been injured on the job, workers’ compensation insurance should pay your medical bills, provide replacement income and cover job training costs. If you are having difficulty obtaining workers’ compensation benefits, talk to a North Carolina workers’ compensation lawyer who knows the law and will fight for you to get the benefits you deserve.